Blanford Law

Tacoma & Roslyn, Washington

Contact for free consultation

Contact Us Today
for a free Consultation
Absolutely no obligation! 
253.720.9304 Tacoma
509.260.1290 Roslyn
253.276.0141 Fax 


Frequently Asked Questions About Witness Tampering


Q: What is the Statute that governs Witness Tampering?

A: RCW 9A.72.120.


Q: What is Witness Tampering?

A: RCW 9A.72.120 Tampering with a witness:
(1) A person is guilty of tampering with a witness if he or she attempts to induce a witness or person he or she has reason to believe is about to be called as a witness in any official proceeding or a person whom he or she has reason to believe may have information relevant to a criminal investigation or the abuse or neglect of a minor child to:

 (a) Testify falsely or, without right or privilege to do so, to withhold any testimony; or

 (b) Absent himself or herself from such proceedings; or

 (c) Withhold from a law enforcement agency information which he or she has relevant to a criminal investigation or the abuse or neglect of a minor child to the agency.

 (2) Tampering with a witness is a class C felony.

 (3) For purposes of this section, each instance of an attempt to tamper with a witness constitutes a separate offense.

Read more...

Frequently Asked Questions About Negligent Driving in the First Degree RCW 46.61.5249

The following is a list of common questions we have received on negligent driving in Washington State.  Answers are based on the Revised Code of Washington (RCW), the compilation of all laws current in force in Washington.

Q: What is the RCW section that governs Negligent Driving in the First Degree?

A: RCW 46.61.5249.


Q: What are the elements of Negligent Driving in the First Degree?

A: The elements of Negligent Driving in the First Degree are: 1. Operates a motor vehicle, 2. In a manner that is both negligent and endangers or is likely to endanger any person or property, 3. And exhibits the effects of having consumed liquor or an illegal drug.


Read more...

Looking for The "Blue Form"? We've Got It!

The Department of Licensing may require you to submit the "Blue Form" to show compliance with a substance abuse assessment and follow up. Often DOL will refuse to reinstate your license until the "Blue Form" has been submitted. The "Blue Form" must be completed by a chemical dependency professional, probation assessment officer, or school instructor located in the State of Washington. You cannot fill the form out yourself and submit it to DOL.

Your chemical dependency professional or probation officer should have a copy of this form, but in case you need a copy you can download it here.


Download the "Blue Form (PDF)

@BlanfordLaw Tweets

@Crys_smilez @ATT I know. We can not provide the service you pay for... But try using your own WIFI.

@att My new Slogan for AT&T is "AT&T cellular do you have a relative or a friend with a phone? Maybe uses theirs!"

This is @att response to lack of service Thanks for letting us know, while we look into this you may want to try Wi…