Q: Where should I send the mail?
A: The mail must be sent to 910 Tacoma Ave. S., Tacoma WA 98402. The mail should be addressed in the following fashion:
(Inmate's Full Name)
Defendants Booking Number
910 Tacoma Ave. S.
Tacoma, WA 98402
Q: Does anything else have to be on the envelope?
A: You must put your return address on the envelope.
The ATC program is a jail alternative for people convicted of drug and alcohol-related offenses. The ATC program provides substance abuse assessment, drug and alcohol testing, reporting case management and outpatient treatment. Clients are matched to the local treatment needed and monitored for compliance. Defendants sentenced to the ATC program serve their time in the program as opposed to in custody. Only defendants with felonies with time of less than one year are eligible for the ATC program. The sentencing judge decides whether ATC is appropriate at sentencing. Applicants must be prescreened before they enter the ATC program.
How an Administrative Booking Works in Pierce County Superior Court in and for the State of Washington
Often a defendant will have to be administratively booked. This is the process where the defendant goes to the jail, is processed and then released. This can be a lengthy process, but if you are being administratively booked you will be released.
- Bring picture ID. The Jail will not take you, unless you have picture identification.
- Bring a copy of your conditions of release. Bring a copy of the document that says you have to be administratively booked.
- Go to: 701 Nollmeyer Lane, Tacoma, Washington 98402. At the bottom of Nollmeyer lane, turn left, walk up the ramp to the "release" window, or follow the sidewalk to the right outside of the 2nd floor Entrance of the County City Building across the parking lot on the left. If you have problems you can call (253)798-4590.
Often, courts will require a defendant to perform a consumer awareness program when the defendant enters a stay of proceedings on a theft case. Below is a list of consumer awareness classes.
A-1 Solutions Counseling Services
3517 6th Ave. Ste. 100, Tacoma WA 98406, (253)-879-1200
Action Association Counseling Svc.
923 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Tacoma WA 98405, (253-572-8170
Court Services Institute
PO Box 3550, Renton WA 98056 (425)614-0428 or (866)268-7874
National Traffic Safety Institute (NTSI)
PO Box 2308, Issaquah WA 98027, (800)588-6874
Recent Blog Articles
- Artificial Entities Cannot Represent Themselves in Court
- Upper Kittitas District Court Traffic Safety Classes
- IIDL (Ignition Interlock Device License) Ruling Waiver Found Unconstitutional
- Right To A Fair Trial: Conviction Reversal Due To Prosecutor's "Guilty" Slides
- Failure To Appear in Court (Bail Jump) and Jury Nullification
- ATC (Alternative to Confinement) Exclusion List for Pierce County, Washington
- State v. David Aaron Soto, 30121-4-III: A Precedent Against Sentencing Enhancements for Unranked Felonies
- State v. Brown, 42752-4II - Trial in Absentia
- Substance Abuse Evaluation & Treatment Agencies
- Domestic Violence and Anger Management Programs