Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Pierce County Superior Court Information

Things happen, and sometimes people miss court. If you have missed your Pierce County Superior Court court date there is likely a warrant out for your arrest. Once a bench warrant is issued by the court the police can treat it like an arrest warrant and use it to bring the defendant back in front of the judge. It is usually to your benefit to address a bench warrant sooner rather than later. Generally, in Superior Court, after you have missed court, all subsequent court dates will be stricken.

How to handle the warrant depends on who is representing you. If you are represented by private counsel, you need to call your attorney immediately. They can help you set up a quash date. A quash date is the hearing where you go before the judge and address the warrant. If you are represented by the department of Assigned counsel you need to contact them and tell them you missed your court date.

The Pierce County Department of Assigned is located at 949 Market Street Suite 334, Tacoma WA 98402. Their phone number is 253-798-6062.

If you are representing yourself Pro Se (you are working as your own attorney), you will need to address the quash hearing. You will need to go to RM 247 at the County City Building and speak with the clerks as to how to set up a quash hearing.

Finally, if you are on bail when you missed your Pierce County Superior Court court date your bail bonds company has been notified of the failure to appear. Depending on the circumstances they may be looking for you to return you to custody. You may want to consider contacting them to explain why you missed court and explain that you are addressing the warrant.

If you are in need of a lawyer in Roslyn or Tacoma, contact us anytime.