Washington State DUI Overview. Right-click to save this image as a reference.
Don’t Let A Washington State DUI Ruin Your Life
If you have been charged with impaired driving, working with an experienced, communicative and fully transparent lawyer is the best thing you can do for you yourself.
When you are facing DUI charges, it is imperative that you understand the consequences of a conviction. It is important that you not speak to anyone about the case – including the police – before you speak with your lawyer.
Once you speak to a Washington State DUI lawyer to understand your options and the penalties you could be facing, you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
This is a stressful time. People under stress often feel panicky and make bad decisions. Seek help from an experienced lawyer. Feeling secure in the knowledge that you have an expert looking out for your interests is worth a lot.
In any case, where a conviction is entered, the judge is required to impose mandatory sentences and they cannot reduce them.
A charge or conviction in Washington State, for a gross misdemeanor DUI can result in:
- Jail time or electronic home monitoring (house arrest)
- Probation & fines
- Driver’s license suspension
- Mandatory ignition interlock device
- Alcohol or drug treatment
- Wearing a remote alcohol monitor
- Suspension of a commercial driver’s license
- Proof of Financial Responsibility Certificate/WA SR-22 auto insurance
Enhanced Penalties May Be Applied:
- If you submit to a breathalyzer and the reading is .15 or above,
- If you refused the breath test at the police station,
- If you refused a blood draw at the hospital,
The penalty will also increase if this is not your first DUI. If you have been convicted of a DUI in WA State, four or more times or vehicular assault or vehicular homicide, you will be facing felony DUI charges.
Contact Blanford Law Today. We guide you to justice.